Confessions of a deeply superficial person.

Confessions of a deeply superficial person.
Imagine the Possibilities

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Anything I can do I want to do better.


Call it crazy, call it obsessive but sometimes I don't even start things unless I know that, not only will I complete the project but, I'll do it really well. The idea of everything in my house having it's proper place, so all is organized and easily cleaned, is a pretty sexy thought. No, my house isn't that way. Yet. But it's a goal to achieve, one of many, as I find myself just a bit more compulsive with each passing year. Idealy, I will be satisfied before I, someday down the line, find myself crouched on the floor combing my rug with and eyelash brush. But for now I am embracing my burgeoning passion for organization and a clutter free life. Don't get me wrong I like having things, I don't even mind having lots of things, just so long as I know where they are and I know they have a place. Needless to say places like Ikea and The Container Store are places I love to visit mostly for ideas, considering I am a new wife with little money to spend. But I find with a few bucks, a few good and imaginative ideas, a few visits to OSH hardware, and some good ol' American know how. I can turn that good idea into a workable, affordable, project.
I recently became fed up with my small ammount of kitchen storage and began project, "CREATE SPACE WHERE THERE WAS NO SPACE BEFORE." I had a pile of beautiful pots and pans given to us from a long time family friend as a wedding present and since I had no where to store them they were usually either in the drying rack, on the stove top, or, I'm embarrased to say, lying on the floor relativly out of the way. But now, after a few more trecks to OSH than I had intended, and a few dollars spent on peg board, spray paint, and wall mounts with screws,I have a beautiful key lime green back splash above my stove and I have created a functional space where my pots, pans, and oven mits may hang artfully and safely.

No comments: